Thursday, November 29, 2012

Dancing with the Stars Season 11 Celebrities and their Pro Dancers


I love watching Dancing with the Stars (DWTS), it's my guilty pleasure. I admit it, I'm one of their viewers who love seeing the costumes, the ballroom dancing, the celebrities who are unexpectedly good as well as the unbelievably lousy. For a reality show it has all the angst, anxiety, and conflicts as well as grace under pressure, touching moments, and triumphant achievements all wrapped in a gauzy, flowing gown paired with a top hat. Season 10 of DWTS was a duel between a top Olympian, Evan Lysacek and a top performing Pussycat Doll, Nicole Scherzinger. Nicole Scherzinger along with pro dancer Derek Hough took home the Mirrorball Trophy with an amazing jive to Proud Mary.
The celebrity cast of Season 11 has been announced along with their pro dance partners.

The Ladies

Jennifer Grey. She is best known for her part as Baby in Dirty Dancing and we really haven't heard from her since. I hope everyone remembers that she's an actor who danced, there shouldn't be any accusations that she shouldn't be in the show because she's a dancer. Grey is paired with Derek Hough; she'll be in good hands with Hough who is a top notch choreographer, thoughtful teacher, and considerate dance partner. I have high hopes that they'll perform very well.
Bristol Palin. Best knows as the former Governor of Alaska's daughter and pushed into the spotlight because of her out of wedlock pregnancy, I look forward to getting to know Bristol. She's had some bad experiences and I want her to enjoy herself and even win. Her pro dance partner is Mark Ballas, a creative choreographer and a tough taskmaster, I think he can pull some great performances out of her because of her athleticism.
Brandy. Where has she been? I look forward to seeing her do well with her dance partner, Maksim Chmerkovskiy, a demanding partner who can handle a strong personality like hers. I expect some great performances out ot this pair.
Margaret Cho. The comedian will be dancing with Louis Van Amstel who coached another comedian, Niecy Nash, in Season 10. Van Amstel was able to bring out some great dance moves from Nash, however, her weight was a challenge in their dance programs. That will not be the case with Cho so I am interested in what performances will occur out of this pairing.
Audrina Partridge. Known for her recently terminated reality show, The Hills, she is fit and younger than Kate Gosselin (Oh my god, she was so bad!), so she should do well with pro dancer, Tony Dovolani, who really suffered teaching Gosselin (Oh my god, she was unbelievably bad!). Dovolani deserves a good partner, I hope Partridge responds well under his guidance.
Florence Henderson. Yay, I get to see Mrs. Brady in action! I don't expect her to do well, I'll just enjoy whatever performance she has with pro dancer Corky Ballas (his son is pro dancer Mark Ballas).

The Gentlemen

Mike Sorrentino. Well known for his reality show, Jersey Shore, he is buff and considered hot. His pro dance partner, Karina Smirnoff, is leggy and sexy. If this pair has chemistry, they'll burn the screen!
Kurt Warner. A former quarterback for the Rams, Giants, and Cardinals, he should do well, assuming he's kept himself fit. Athletes do well in the show because they're disciplined and are used to using their body. His pro dance partner is Anna Trebunskaya who came in second last season with Evan Lysacek. I'm looking to see if Kurt and Anna will win the Mirrorball Trophy this year.
Rick Fox. A former basketball player, he should also go far because of his athleticism. He is paired with Cheryl Burke, who has previous won the Mirrorbal Trophy twice, each time with an athlete. Burke is also a tough taskmaster but athletes are used to that and respond well to her coaching. Chad Ochocinco reached the semi-finals because of her.
David Hasselhoff. Baywatch co-star Pamela Anderson must have persuaded Hasselhoff by telling him how fun it was to dance on the show, because he's on board! I have no idea how he'll do. His pro dance partner is Kym Johnson, and won Season 9 with Donny Osmond, so he is in good hands with her assuming that he'll work hard.
Kyle Massey. I don't know much about Massey but his pro dance partner is Lacey Schwimmer, a good dancer. This pair is young and funky and should be fun to watch. Their challenge is to get their fans to watch this show and vote for him because, he's not that well known as a household name.
Michael Bolton. He must have been where Brandy has been because I've lost sight of him as well. I like his songs so I want him to go far. Chelsie Hightower is his pro dance partner, she's a good dancer but I'm not convinced that she's an effective dance teacher. I have no idea how this pair will do.
Dancing With the Stars Season 11 starts on Monday, September 20 at 8PM, ET.

Originally published 9/1/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment but be polite.